Fundamentals of Law
PRM Acad. year 2010/2011 Winter semester 3 credits
Human society cannot exit without rules regulating various decisive aspects of human existence. Legal conscience based on knowledge of law and basic legal norms related to human activities, their far-reaching impacts and consequences are essentials for minimization of potential conflicts.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Basic survey on civil legal norms, ability to get orientated in norms.
Acquisition of rudiments of law, knowledge of relationship between law and ethos, knowledge of basic legal norms, and their application to business and other economic activities.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
No prerequisity knowledge is called for.
The students will be recommended a selection of legal norms and articles which will be discussed on lectures.
Set of the Czech Republic Legal Norms
Syllabus of lectures
- Introduction into law science, branches of law, basic terms.
- Constitution of the Czech Republic, state symbols.
- Contents, form and subject of the law, law creation and legislative process.
- Civil law and Civil Procedure Code.
- Commercial law.
- Labor law.
- Civil-law obligations and agreements, examples of agreements and plaints.
- Copyright Act and mental labour preservation.
- Public law.
Participation on lectues, minimum 80%, and activity on discussion.
Course inclusion in study plans