IPSO Acad. year 2010/2011 Summer semester 5 credits
The course is thematically divided into the two parts. The first part: starting stands, theories and terminology of general psychology, developmental psychology, social psychology and personality psychology. The second part: principal themes of educational psychology, process of learning, teacher-student relation, teacher typology, problems of school failure.
Psychological self-recognition of students, practice of chill-out techniques, experience techniques connected with psychological tests presentation are used in the course of practice.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Gaining of preconditions to deeper insight and command of psychological determinants of issues bounded to area of pedagogical practice.
The course provides students basic orientation in terminology of psychology and main psychological concepts. It should help them with forming of psychological insight to a problem that they will be able to use in their pedagogical praxis as well as in personal life.
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
Interest in the subject.
- Electronic student-texts available on http://www.feec.vutbr.cz/UJAZ/evyuka.php.cz (in Czech)
- Čáp, J., Mareš, J.: Psychologie pro učitele. Praha, Portál, 2001 (in Czech).
- Fontana, D.: Psychologie ve školní praxi. Příručka pro učitele. Praha, Portál, 1997 (in Czech).
- Hartl, P., Hartlová, H.: Psychologický slovník. Praha, Portál, 2000 (in Czech).
Syllabus of lectures
- History of psychology. Subject, tasks, branches and methods of psychology.
- Socialization, social learning. Psychology of social groups.
- Communication. Assertive communication. Uniqueness of pedagogical communication.
- Theoretical questions of developmental psychology. Characteristics of stages of development.
- Personality from the psychological point of view, its structure.
- Cognitive processes I: Biological foundation of the mind. Consciousness. Attention. Perception. Memory.
- Cognitive processes II: Thinking. Creativity. Learning.
- Motivational, emotional and volitional processes. Positive psychology.
- Educational psychology. Personality of pedagogue. Methods and means of education.
- Social pathological phenomenons. Behaviour disorders.
- Causes of school failure. Specific learning disabilities.
Attendance at lectures.
Course inclusion in study plans