Optimizing Converged Networks (CNNP4)
CP4 Acad. year 2011/2012 Summer semester 4 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Generic learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Lecture notes in English.
- Documents and examples available on the Web portal Academy Online.
Syllabus of laboratory exercises
- Voice over IP - architecture and implementation.
- Quality of Service - models, integrated and differenciated services.
- Classification, Marking, and NBAR.
- Congestion management and queueing.
- Congestion Avoidence, RED, CBWRED. Link Efficiency Mechanisms.
- Practical Implementing QoS. AutoQoS.
- Wireless LAN QoS Implementation.
- 802.1x authentication, WiFi encryption.
- WLAN management, location services.
- Case study presentation.
- Skills exam. Final exam.
- Active laboratory work (max. 60 points).
- Practical skills test (max. 20 points).
- Final test (max. 20 points).
- To get Academy Certificate of Completion all tests including Final exam and Skill test must be passed with score 80% or better.
- Home preparation and active laboratory work.
- Passing all module tests.
- Labs attendance.
- Getting at least 50% points of every activity.
Course inclusion in study plans