Advanced Digital Systems
PCS Acad. year 2011/2012 Winter semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Lecture notes in e-format
- Armstrong, J.R., Gray, F.G.: VHDL Design Representation and Synthesis, 2nd edition, Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-021670-4, 2000
Syllabus of lectures
- Combinational and sequential logic design techniques, algorithms, and tools review.
- Structured design concept. Design strategies. Design decomposition. Design tools.
- Introduction to VHDL
- Basic features of VHDL. Simulation and synthesis.
- Basic VHDL modeling techniques.
- Algorithmic level design.
- Register Level Design.
- HDL-based design techniques. Constrained design.
- ASIC and PLD design process. Fast prototyping.
- Modeling for synthesis.
- Top-down design methodology in VHDL.
- Design case study.
- Design automation algorithms. HW/SW co-design.
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- Individual five-hour VHDL project.
Course inclusion in study plans