Wireless Mobile Communications
IRMK Acad. year 2011/2012 Summer semester 5 credits
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Walker, J.: Mobile Information Systems. Artech House, Inc. 1990, Boston London
- Mehrotra, A.: GSM System Engineering. Artech House, Inc. 1997, Boston London
- Redl, S.M., Weber, M.K., Oliphant, M.W.: An Introduction to GSM. Artech House, Inc. 1995, Boston London
Syllabus of lectures
- Frequency bands, frequency tables. General block diagram of radio communication system, system distribution.
- Signal processing: source coding, channel coding.
- Signal processing: interleaving, digital modulations.
- Basic conception and basic functions of mobile communication systems, multiple access systems, transmission mode, area structure, utilization of frequency band, handover, connection types.
- Doppler phenomena, equalization techniques, diversity reception.
- Radio telephone systems. NMT 450 system. GSM system - introduction.
- Radio telephone systems. GSM system, signal processing.
- Radio telephone systems. GSM system, architecture.
- Radio telephone systems. GSM system, security management, data transmission (GPRS, HSCSD, EDGE), speciality of GSM 1800 system. IS 95 system.
- Cordless telephone systems, introduction, CT2, DECT.
- Data systems. MOBITEX public network.
- Radio paging systems, RDS and ERMES systems.
- Third generation systems UMTS, IMT 2000. Bluetooth system. The future of mobile communications.
Course inclusion in study plans