JA3 Acad. year 2012/2013 Summer semester 3 credits
Language of instruction
Generic learning outcomes and competences
- New Headway Intermediate 2 (BAN4)
Prerequisite kwnowledge and skills
- Klippel, F.: Keep Talking. Cambridge University Press, 1984.
- Nolasco, R.: Conversation. Oxford University Press, 1987.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
- Students learn about the aims of the course.
- Describing and giving reasons for one's aims in life. Finding solutions to a problem.
- Agreeing on a shared holiday. Ranking places for a sightseeing tour.
- Choosing someone for a job.
- Ranking objects.
- Memory, insight into the process of communication. Recognizing the functions of gestures in English.
- Ways of being polite in social encounters. Social behaviour in the target language.
- Problems people encounter when living in a new country. Assessing the progress of students in the course. A cross-cultural discussion about gifts and giving.
- To get students to share opinions. Sharing opinions on family. Telling each other about emotions.
- Promoting discussion about inventions. Showing empathy. Things students value in their daily lives. Discussing priorities for the future.
- Deciding on individual responsibility for a tragedy. A conflict situation in having to decide what to do.
- Discussing the role of secretaries at work. Planning a short holiday.
- To be announced.
Final exam ... 60 points.
To pass this course one needs a minimum of 50 % in all activities.
Course inclusion in study plans