Field of Study Details
Management and Information Technologies
Length of Study: 2 years
Min. Credits: 120
Degree Programme: Information Technology
Language of Instruction: Czech
Form of Study: full-time
Accredited from: 2008 Accredited till: 2020 Last admissions: 2017
- "Management and Information technologies" is focused on training of future leaders and managers for IT businesses.
- Students will be provided with a broad training in IT, marketing, project management and economics, with a focus on skills relevant to entrepreneurial and managerial activities.
- These skills and knowledge may be executed in leading and managerial positions, technical positions in research and development, project management, industrial control supported by IT, planning an programming of information systems, technical services in import and export, and in all revenant fields of state owned and privately held businesses. The education builds upon theoretical prerequisites and enjoys a complex support in the form of computer tools.
The State Final Examination has two parts: A defence of the Master Thesis, and a discussion based on selected topics from the course "Management and Information Technologies" which is derived from compulsory courses of the MIT Branch of Study as Theoretical Computer Science, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, Functional and Logic Programming, Parallel and Distributed Algorithms, Project Management, Image Processing, Economics of Information Products, Strategic Management of Information Systems, Marketing, Strategic Management, and Economics for Managers. The areas of possible questions must be approved by the Study Branch Council, and students will be informed about the selected topics at least 2 months before the state final examination is held in the particular academic year. The discussion will be held on two topics.
- Efficiency of information system
- Strategic planning of introducing a new software product on the market
- Cost optimization of selected businesses
- Evaluation of a financial health of a company
- Strategic planning of company's development
- Innovation of a marketing campaign for a current product
- Prediction of progress in economy by using advanced statistical methods
- Use of fuzzy logic for a prediction of capital market trends
Choose academic year and curriculum
|MAT||Mathematical Structures in Computer Science||5||C||Ex||FME|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||7||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|FLP||Functional and Logic Programming||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PRL||Parallel and Distributed Algorithms||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PP1||Project Practice 1||5||E||Cr||FIT|
|EIP||Economics of Information Products *)||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|SRI||Strategic Management of Information Systems||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|PP2||Project Practice 2||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
|MEK||Economics for Managers *)||5||C||Cr+Ex||FBM|
|STM||Strategic Management *)||5||C||Cr+Ex||FBM|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective