Field of Study Details
Information Technology Security
Length of Study: 2 years
Min. Credits: 120
Degree Programme: Information Technology
Language of Instruction: Czech
Form of Study: full-time
Accredited from: 2008 Accredited till: 2024 Last admissions: 2019
The primary goal of the study programme is to help students to understand the principles of security threats in information technology and appropriate security measures. Students will study basic security principles as well as they will understand the importance of security measures in large information systems. They will also know the principles of creating new solutions that lead to the design, installation, operation and maintenance of secure information systems. Mandatory subjects will provide further extension of knowledge that the students receive in the bachelors study programme - mainly in the field of information systems security, cryptography, data transfer, coding and biometrics. By selecting an appropriate set of optional subjects, students can further extend their abilities of theoretic foundations in the field of formal specification and verification or to focus on more practical issues - for example embedded systems and hardware, software development and operation or computer networks and communications.
Student of the branch acquire deeper knowledge in the information technology security. This give him knowledge and skills base to analyse, design and verification of problems of security threats in information technology and appropriate security measures. Study in this branch also provide further extension of knowledge that the students receive in the bachelors study program - mainly in the field of information systems security, cryptography, data transfer, coding and biometrics.
- The graduate will have a good knowledge of components and architectures of information systems with an emphasis on security components and security functions. The graduate will be able to integrate both the technical and software products used in secure information systems development. The graduate will have a solid knowledge (and the ability to apply) of security technologies and important standards that are essential for both the development and the operation of information systems.
- The graduate will be ready to solve projects, operate and maintain information systems where one of the key issues is security. The graduate will also be prepared for further research and development of methods, tools and technologies for developing secure components, applications and large systems. The graduate understand principles of security maintenance and is able to apply these principles in development of computer systems and networks.
- Specializations for profession: information systems projecting (or information systems in general), programmer, security architect, information systems maintenance, security administrator. The graduate of this study programme can use his/her knowledge in development and research departments as well as in institutions targeting on software system development with the primary concern on security. The graduate can also work in institutions that operate these information systems, e.g. government institutions and local administrations, in army, health service or any other industrial organizations.
The State Final Examination has two parts: A defense of the Master Thesis, and a discussion based on selected topics from the course "Information systems security" which is derived from compulsory courses of the MBS Branch of Study. The areas of possible questions must be approved by the Study Branch Council, and students will be informed about the selected topics at least 2 months before the state final examination is held in the particular academic year. The discussion will be held on two topics.
- Security of VoIP systems
- Security Analysis of WiFi Networks
- Encrypting Landlines Phone Communication
- Effective Implementation of Elliptic Curves
- AES Tolerance to Timing Analysis
- Configurable Security Email Proxy
- Side Channel Analysis of Cryptographic Libraries
- Creation of Risk Analysis Model
- Biometric Recognition of 3D Faces
- Biometric Liveness Detection - Optical Features
Choose academic year and curriculum
|MAT||Mathematical Structures in Computer Science||5||C||Ex||FME|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||7||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|SMT||Seminar of Mathematical Structures||2||E||Cr||FIT|
|FLP||Functional and Logic Programming||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|KKO||Data Coding and Compression||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PDS||Data Communications, Computer Networks and Protocols||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|PRL||Parallel and Distributed Algorithms||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PP1||Project Practice 1||5||E||Cr||FIT|
|PP2||Project Practice 2||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
|NSB||Projecting, Administration and Security||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective
|Abbrv||Min. courses||Max. courses||Min.cred||Over as||Courses||Title|
|B||2||9||0||E||BZA, SAV, SEM, SNT, SPP||Security and verification|
|C||1||9||0||E||AVS, HSC, NAV||Hardware|
|H||1||1||3||E||AEU, FCE, FIK, FIT, HKO, HVR, JA3, PRM, RET||Social Course|
|N||1||9||0||E||BMS, PKS, WAP||Computer networks and communication|
|S||1||9||0||E||AIS, DJA, POS, ZZN||Software|