Field of Study Details
Computer Graphics and Multimedia
Length of Study: 2 years
Min. Credits: 120
Degree Programme: Information Technology
Language of Instruction: Czech
Form of Study: full-time
Accredited from: 2002 Accredited till: 2024 Last admissions: 2019
The goal of the study in Computer Graphics and Multimedia is to teach students theory, technology, procedures, and skills in computer graphics and multimedia. The compulsory courses are intended for improvement of both basic and in-depth knowledge of image synthesis in computer graphics, speech processing and recognition, sound and video sequences algorithms for multimedia, and development of systems for human-computer interaction. The purpose of the optional courses is to let students to focus according to their personal preferences on theoretical basis of the selected specialization or other fields of computer science, or to specialize in e.g. computer graphics, processing of sound and speech, image processing, or multimedia. The intended placement of the graduates is in research and development of systems that exploit computers for images and sound.
Student of the branch acquire deeper knowledge in the computer graphics and multimedia. Study in this branch provide further extension of knowledge of image synthesis in computer graphics, speech processing and recognition, sound and video sequences algorithms for multimedia, and development of systems for human-computer interaction.
- Knowledge of theory, technology, procedures, and skills in the extent allowing research and development on the fields of computer graphics and multimedia including projects involving user interfaces, image processing and sound and speech processing.
- Orientation in wide range of information technologies and principles of project control, ability to apply the principles in all possible exploitation of computer technology. Skills needed to design and carry-out experiments and to analyze and interpret the results and to work independently and in teams, to present the results orally or in writing and to self-improve and adapt to the requirements of the professional career and praxis.
- Ability to be hired for wide range of jobs that require any type of knowledge of information technologies, imaging, video, or sound computer technologies especially in teams dealing with software development, in the industrial applications, in media companies, radio and television studios, in scientific simulations, computer games development, and also in state and local bodies, in the army, in education and health institutes, and practically in any industrial enterprise.
The State Final Examination has two parts: A defence of the Master Thesis, and a discussion based on selected topics from the course "Computer Graphics and Multimedia" which is derived from compulsory courses of the MGM Branch of Study as Hardware/Software Codesign, Advanced Database Systems, Computer Graphics, Intelligent Systems, Theoretical Computer Science, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, Physical Optics, Multimedia, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Speech Signal Processing, and Advanced Computer Graphics. The areas of possible questions must be approved by the Study Branch Council, and students will be informed about the selected topics at least 2 months before the state final examination is held in the particular academic year. The discussion will be held on two topics.
- Methods of 3D User Interface Development
- Image Processing Acceleration through Signal Processors and Programmable Logic Chips
- Keyword Spotting in Continuous Speech
- Real-Time Image Processing Library
- Encoding of Speech Signals on Very Low Bit-Rates
- Components for 3D Models Processing
- Reconstruction of 3D Scenes from Couples of Images of the Scene
- 3D Raster Functions Library
- Robust Phoneme Recognition
- 3D Computer Games Development
- Processing of Texts in Natural Language
Choose academic year and curriculum
|MAT||Mathematical Structures in Computer Science *)||5||C||Ex||FME|
|PDB||Advanced Database Systems||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||7||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PDS||Data Communications, Computer Networks and Protocols||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|ZRE||Speech Signal Processing||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|PP1||Project Practice 1||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
|AVS||Computation Systems Architectures||5||E||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PP2||Project Practice 2||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
|ZZN||Knowledge Discovery in Databases||5||E||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PIS||Advanced Information Systems||5||E||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|POS||Advanced Operating Systems||5||E||Ex||FIT|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective
|Abbrv||Min. courses||Max. courses||Min.cred||Over as||Courses||Title|
|C||1||9||0||E||GMU, PCS, PPP||Hardware|
|G||1||9||0||E||GUX, KKO, PGPa, POVa||Graphics|
|H||1||1||3||E||AEU, FCE, FIK, FIT, HKO, HVR, JA3, PRM, RET||Social Course|
|I||1||9||0||E||FLP, GIS, PDI, WAP||Information Systems|
|M||1||9||0||E||PRL, SIN, SNT, VNV||Modelling and Artificial Intelligence|