Information Systems and Databases
Length of Study: 2 years
Min. Credits: 120
Degree Programme: Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence
Language of Instruction: Czech
Form of Study: full-time
Accredited from: 2019 Accredited till: 2029
To make students familiar with theory, technologies and procedures used in information system development, and to learn them to develop such systems applying advanced development tools and technologies. In compulsory courses, students deepen their knowledge received in a Bachelor Study Program mainly in database and information systems, data mining and knowledge discovery, and machine learning. Attention is also paid to information systems security. Selecting optional courses, the student can deepen his/her theoretical knowledge in such areas as formal specification or cryptography or can prefer more practically-oriented courses as Internet and distributed application development.
- The graduate has good insight into components and architectures of information systems, technologies and important standards, can integrate hardware and software products in information system development.
- The graduate is ready for development, operation and management of information systems, further for research and development work in the area of methods, tools and technologies for software applications and software systems. He/she understands principles of project control and is able to apply them at the development, design and in application of software systems in networked environment. He/she is able to work individually or in a team, present the results in written or oral form and further educate him/her-self.
- A carrier is possible in professions like software and information system developer, system integrator, programmer, database and information system administrator, and security manager. Graduates in this specialization will use their education in development and research divisions of companies dealing with methods, tools and technologies for software system development and further in companies, which information systems operate only, e.g. in state and local bodies, in the army, in education and health institutes, and practically in any industrial enterprise.
State Exam in Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence, specialization Information Systems and Database consists of parts:
- presentation and defense of master's thesis,
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the courses profiling the basis of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence (Theoretical Computer Science, Statistics and Probability, Computer Systems Architectures, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Data Storage and Preparation, Functional and Logic Programming, Parallel and distributed algorithms, Modern trends in informatics),
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the courses profiling the basis of Information Systems and Databases (Project Management, Analysis and Design of Software Systems, Information System Security, Advanced Database Systems, Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Advanced Information Systems).
All parts of the state examination are held on the same date before the State Examination Board. The state exam can be taken by a student who has obtained the required number of credits in the prescribed composition necessary for the successful completion of the master's degree and has submitted the master's thesis in due time. The organization and course of the state examination are given by the corresponding internal standard of the faculty and by the relevant instructions of the program guarantor for state examinations.
- Distributed Big Data Processing on the Java Platform
- System for Searching of Chemical Structures
- Secure Semantically-Based Discovery of Resources in RESTful Architecutre
- Language for High-Level Description of User Interface Requirements
- Information System Generation from Domain Models
Choose academic year and curriculum
|AIS||Information Systems Analysis and Design||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|MSP||Statistics and Probability||6||C||Cr+Ex||FME|
|SUI||Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||7||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|UPA||Data Storage and Preparation||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|FLP||Functional and Logic Programming||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PIS||Advanced Information Systems||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PRL||Parallel and Distributed Algorithms||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|BIS||Information System Security||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PDB||Advanced Database Systems||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|ZZN||Knowledge Discovery in Databases||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PP2||Project Practice 2||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective