Length of Study: 2 years
Min. Credits: 120
Degree Programme: Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence
Language of Instruction: Czech
Form of Study: full-time
Accredited from: 2019 Accredited till: 2029
The primary goal of the study programme is to help students to understand the principles of security threats in information technology and appropriate security measures. Students will study basic security principles as well as they will understand the importance of security measures in large information systems. They will also know the principles of creating new solutions that lead to the design, installation, operation and maintenance of secure information systems. Mandatory subjects will provide further extension of knowledge that the students receive in the bachelors study programme - mainly in the field of information systems security, cryptography, data transfer, coding and biometrics. By selecting an appropriate set of optional subjects, students can further extend their abilities of theoretic foundations in the field of formal specification and verification or to focus on more practical issues - for example embedded systems and hardware, software development and operation or computer networks and communications.
- The graduate will have a good knowledge of components and architectures of information systems with an emphasis on security components and security functions. The graduate will be able to integrate both the technical and software products used in secure information systems development. The graduate will have a solid knowledge (and the ability to apply) of security technologies and important standards that are essential for both the development and the operation of information systems.
- The graduate will be ready to solve projects, operate and maintain information systems where one of the key issues is security. The graduate will also be prepared for further research and development of methods, tools and technologies for developing secure components, applications and large systems. The graduate understand principles of security maintenance and is able to apply these principles in development of computer systems and networks.
- Specializations for profession: information systems projecting (or information systems in general), programmer, security architect, information systems maintenance, security administrator. The graduate of this study programme can use his/her knowledge in development and research departments as well as in institutions targeting on software system development with the primary concern on security. The graduate can also work in institutions that operate these information systems, e.g. government institutions and local administrations, in army, health service or any other industrial organizations.
State Exam in Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence, specialization Cyber Security consists of the following parts:
- presentation and defense of master's thesis,
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the courses profiling the basis of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence (Theoretical Computer Science, Statistics and Probability, Computer Systems Architectures, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Data Storage and Preparation, Functional and Logic Programming, Parallel and distributed algorithms, Modern trends in informatics),
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the courses profiling the basis of Cyber Security (Advanced Information Systems, Cryptography, Secure Devices, Data Transfer, Computer Networks and Protocols, Biometric Systems, Information System Security).
All parts of the state examination are held on the same date before the State Examination Board. The state exam can be taken by a student who has obtained the required number of credits in the prescribed composition necessary for the successful completion of the master's degree and has submitted the master's thesis in due time. The organization and course of the state examination are given by the corresponding internal standard of the faculty and by the relevant instructions of the program guarantor for state examinations.
- Android App for Security Monitoring of Communication
- Security Analysis of Mifare Classic Smart Cards
- Security of Online Client-Server Applications
- Secure Development Framework for Web Applications
- Security Metrics of SAP Platform
Choose academic year and curriculum
|MSP||Statistics and Probability||5||C||Cr+Ex||FME|
|SDL||Seminar of Discrete Mathematics and Logics||1||C||Cr||FIT|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||7||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|FLP||Functional and Logic Programming||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PRL||Parallel and Distributed Algorithms||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PP2||Project Practice 2||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
|BZA||Secure Hardware Devices||5||C||Ex||FIT|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective