Length of Study: 2 years
Min. Credits: 120
Degree Programme: Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence
Language of Instruction: Czech
Form of Study: full-time
Accredited from: 2019 Accredited till: 2029
Traditionally, Computer Networking is an area of computer science and engineering that deals with data communication. However, these days it is more than this. It also covers topics such as security of interconnected systems, design of distributed applications, Internet applications, Cloud, and Internet of Things.
The study of Computer Networking includes the necessary information theory and principles and also puts an emphasis on understanding and be able to use modern communication technologies and platforms.
The student who successfully completes the Computer Networking branch of study will have deep knowledge of computer networking, network security, and modern Internet applications.
- The graduate knows the principles of computer communication and IP networks and is able to use these principles in the configuration of local networks and their testing. It is also able to design and implement simple network applications. He is familiar with technologies and important standards used in networking and network applications.
- The graduate is prepared for designing, operating and managing computer networks, creating advanced network applications that use various software technologies, research, and development work in the field of methods, tools, and technologies for processing network communication and their analysis and design methods for network security and security threat detection. She is able to work both independently and in a team, present the results orally and in writing and further educate.
- For the graduate, it is possible to work in professions as a computer network designer, system integrator, programmer, network and data center administrator, security analyst and administrator. The graduate will apply the acquired education in the development and research departments of companies and institutions dealing with the development of large computer systems, advanced web applications and companies operating large information systems and data centers, both in state institutions and in the commercial sphere.
State Exam in Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence, specialization Computer Networks consists of:
- presentation and defense of diploma thesis,
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the subjects of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence profile (Theoretical Computer Science, Statistics and Probability, Computer Systems Architectures, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning, Data Storage and Preparation, Functional and Logic Programming, Parallel and distributed algorithms, Modern trends of informatics),
- oral exam, which brings together the basic themes contained in the profile of Computer Networks (Data transmission, computer networks and protocols, Distributed Application Environment, Internet Applications, Cryptography, Wireless and Mobile Networks, Graph Algorithms).
All parts of the State Examination take place on the same date before the State Examination Board. The state exam can be taken by a student who has obtained the required number of credits in the prescribed composition necessary for the successful completion of the master's degree and submitted the diploma thesis in due time. The organization and course of the state examination are given by the corresponding internal standard of the faculty and by the relevant instructions of the program guarantor for the state exams.
- Network Traces Analysis Using Apache Spark
- IoT Traffic Generation and Detection of Security Incidents
- Forensic Analysis of Cryptocurrency Mining Servers
- Privacy-Preserving Web Browser Extension
- Automation of DDoS Attack Mitigation
Choose academic year and curriculum
|AVS||Computation Systems Architectures||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|MSP||Statistics and Probability||6||C||Cr+Ex||FME|
|SUI||Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||7||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|UPA||Data Storage and Preparation||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|FLP||Functional and Logic Programming||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PRL||Parallel and Distributed Algorithms||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PP2||Project Practice 2||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective