Field of Study Details
To make students familiar with theories, technologies and procedures being used in intelligent systems development, and to teach them to develop such systems by applying advanced development tools, methods and technologies. In compulsory courses, students deepen their knowledge received in a bachelor study program mainly in the area of uncertain and imprecise information processing. The offer of optional courses together with the choice of the theme of the individual technical project and the Master Thesis allow students to individually select their specialization in various theoretical and application areas. The graduates find employment in research, development and design of all kinds of intelligent systems. Due to a very good theoretical education and a wide universal basis of the specialization, a high adaptability of the graduates to all actual demands of their future professional practice in intelligent system and also in other areas of information technology is ensured.
- The graduate has a general knowledge of the intelligent systems theory and skills to design, implement and apply intelligent systems especially in the areas of computer vision, natural language processing, data mining, intelligent sensors and control systems.
- The graduate is ready for research, development and design of various intelligent systems starting from simple embedded systems in domestic machines to very complex systems of autonomous mobile robots.
- Graduates find employment especially in research and design divisions and operation sites of various companies and institutions involved in the development of systems with embedded intelligent subsystems, and in the army, in education and health institutes, and practically in any industrial enterprise.
The State Final Examination has two parts: A defence of the Master Thesis, and a discussion based on selected topics from the course "Intelligent Systems and Their Models" which is derived from compulsory courses of the MIN Branch of Study as Hardware/Software Codesign, Advanced Database Systems, Computer Graphics, Intelligent Systems, Theoretical Computer Science, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, Agents and Multiagents Systems, Parallel and Distributed Algorithms, Simulation Tools and Techniques, Soft Computing, Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Cryptography and Petri Nets. The areas of possible questions must be approved by the Study Branch Council, and students will be informed about the selected topics at least 2 months before the state final examination is held in the particular academic year. The discussion will be held on two topics.
- Expert System for Interior Lighting Design
- Data Mining from Rescue Service Database
- Control System of Intelligent Building
- Communication Inside Multiagent Systems
- Simulation of Agents Social Behaviour
- Recognition of Laboratory Environment
- Recognition of Speech Commands
- Safeguard of Location of Mobile Devices
- Environment Model Creation and Robot Navigation
- Simulation of Robot Moving
Choose academic year and curriculum
|MAT||Mathematical Structures in Computer Science||5||C||Ex||FME|
|PDB||Advanced Database Systems||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|STI||Theoretical Computer Science Seminar||2||E||Cr||FIT|
|AGS||Agents and Multiagent Systems||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|PRL||Parallel and Distributed Algorithms||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|SNT||Simulation Tools and Techniques||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|FLP||Functional and Logic Programming||5||E||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|NAV||Design of External Adapters and Embedded Systems||5||E||Ex||FIT|
|PDS||Data Communications, Computer Networks and Protocols||5||E||Ex||FIT|
|ZRE||Speech Signal Processing||5||E||Ex||FIT|
|ZZN||Knowledge Discovery in Databases||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|AIS||Information Systems Analysis and Design||5||E||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|BIS||Information System Security||5||E||Ex||FIT|
|BMS||Wireless and Mobile Networks||5||E||Ex||FIT|
|FAV||Formal Analysis and Verification||5||E||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PIS||Advanced Information Systems||5||E||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|VNV||High Performance Computations||5||E||Ex||FIT|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective