Length of Study: 2 years
Min. Credits: 120
Degree Programme: Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence
Language of Instruction: Czech
Form of Study: full-time
Accredited from: 2019 Accredited till: 2029
Student of the branch acquire deeper theoretical knowledge of behavior description and behavior modelling, design and its verification, testing computer systems, and will be learned the principles of the synthesis and analysis of functional units of computers and other digital devices. Further, he/she will be informed about the architectures of computer systems with the emphasis on multi-processor, reconfigurable and distributed systems. He/she will understand the principles of formal specification and their implementation in the design of embedded systems, be able to utilize advanced techniques for rapid prototyping and the implementation of typical applications.
- The graduates have good insight into architecture of computers, can integrate hardware and software products and optimize their configuration, predict system performance, design distributed, internet-based, parallel and reconfigurable applications. They can design embedded systems based on microprocessors, FPGAs, DSPs and microcontrollers as well as specialized interfaces, including interfaces to Internet.
- The graduates are ready for design work, operation and management of networks as well as high-performance parallel and reconfigurable systems, further for research and development work in the area of custom computing, digital control and embedded systems. They understand principles of project control and are able to apply them at the development, design and in application of computing systems. They are able to design and carry out an experiment, analyse and interpret the data, work individually or in a team, present the results in written or oral form and further educate themselves. Their adaptation is easy even into as diversified areas as demanding scientific computations and simulations, digital signal and image processing or advanced Internet automation or E-education.
- A carrier is possible in professions like system programmer, computer systems network designer and manager, system integrator, development specialist in design and rapid prototyping of combined hardware/software computer-based systems, distributed digital control systems as well as custom and programmable circuits and interfaces. Graduates in this branch of study will use their education in development and research divisions of companies dealing with computer hardware and software and further in a huge number of companies, which computer systems operate only, e.g. in state and local bodies, in the army, in education and health institutes, and practically in any industrial enterprise.
State Exam in Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence, specialization Embedded Systems consists of the following parts:
- presentation and defense of diploma thesis,
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the courses profiling the basis of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence (Theoretical Computer Science, Statistics and Probability, Computer Systems Architectures, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Data Storage and Preparation, Functional and Logic Programming, Parallel and Distributed Algorithms, Modern Trends in Informatics),
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the courses profiling base in Embedded Systems (Advanced Digital Systems, HW/SW Codesign, Embedded Systems Design, Practical Parallel Programming, Functional Verification of Digital Systems, Coding and Data Compression).
All parts of the state examination are held on the same date before the State Examination Board. The state exam can be taken by a student who has obtained the required number of credits in the prescribed composition necessary for the successful completion of the master's degree and has submitted the master's thesis in due time. The organization and course of the state examination are given by the corresponding internal standard of the faculty and by the relevant instructions of the program guarantor for state examinations.
- Mapping of Match Tables from P4 Language to FPGA Technology
- Data Loader for Complex Testing of On-Board Systems
- Expansion Module with Touch LCD Display for Educational Minerva Platform
- Network Traffic Analysis Using NXP Processor and FPGA
- Application of Machine Learning Algorithms for the Generation of Checking Circuits
- Framework for Hardware Acceleration of 400Gb Networks
- Acceleration of Applications Using Specialized Instructions
- Using High-Level Synthesis for ZYNQ Platform Applications
Choose academic year and curriculum
|AVS||Computation Systems Architectures||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|MSP||Statistics and Probability||5||C||Cr+Ex||FME|
|SDL||Seminar of Discrete Mathematics and Logics||1||C||Cr||FIT|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||7||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PRL||Parallel and Distributed Algorithms||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PP2||Project Practice 2||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
|PPP||Practical Parallel Programming||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective