Length of Study: 2 years
Min. Credits: 120
Degree Programme: Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence
Language of Instruction: Czech
Form of Study: full-time
Accredited from: 2019 Accredited till: 2029
Software Engineering is a process of analyzing user needs, designing, constructing and testing end-user applications. The aim is to acquaint students with the theory, technologies and procedures used in the development of information systems (IS) and to teach them to develop such systems using modern development tools, methods and technologies. The student will also be acquainted with the methodology and methodology of IS development with respect to the current needs of the business sphere and with knowledge areas of project management. In compulsory subjects, students will deepen their knowledge of bachelor's degree programs, especially in the areas of database and information systems, data mining, data mining, artificial intelligence, automated testing and machine learning. Attention is also paid to security of information systems. By choosing optional courses, the student can further focus on deepening the theoretical foundations of formal specifications or cryptography, or focus more practically on creating Internet applications and applications in a distributed environment. Thanks to high-quality theoretical education and a broad universal foundation of application-oriented study, the graduate's high adaptability to many current requirements of his future professional practice is ensured, even in other areas of information technology.
- The graduate is well versed in components and architectures of information systems, can integrate technical and program products in creating information systems. They are familiar with technologies and important standards used in designing information systems and can apply them.
- The graduate is prepared for designing, operating and managing information systems, as well as for research and development work in the field of methods, tools and technologies for creating program applications and large program systems. They understand the principles of project management and are able to apply them in the development of computer systems operating in computer networks. He / she is able to work both independently and in a larger team, to present the results of his / her work orally and to educate himself / herself in writing.
- It can be used in professions as a project manager, information or general software designer, system integrator, programmer, tester, database and information system administrator, security administrator. The graduate of the field will apply the acquired education in development and research departments of companies and institutions dealing with the development of software systems and in companies operating information systems, for example in state and local government institutions, in the military, in education, in healthcare and in virtually all industrial enterprises.
State Exam in Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence, specialization Software Engineering consists of the following parts:
- presentation and defense of master's thesis,
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the courses profiling the basis of Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence (Theoretical Computer Science, Statistics and Probability, Computer Systems Architectures, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Data Storage and Preparation, Functional and Logic Programming, Parallel and distributed algorithms, Modern trends in informatics),
- oral exam, which combines the basic themes contained in the courses profiling the basis of Software Engineering (Analysis of model-based systems, Automated testing and dynamic analysis, Security of information systems, Strategic management of information systems, Project management, Analysis and design of software systems).
All parts of the state examination are held on the same date before the State Examination Board. The state exam can be taken by a student who has obtained the required number of credits in the prescribed composition necessary for the successful completion of the master's degree and has submitted the master's thesis in due time. The organization and course of the state examination are given by the corresponding internal standard of the faculty and by the relevant instructions of the program guarantor for state examinations.
- Continues Integration Support for Copr Build System
- Modelling and Management of Project Portfolio
- Test Data Generator for Relational Databases
- Mining Anomalous Behaviour in Trajectory Data
- Random Number Generators for Cryptography
- Project Management and Risks Visualization Support Tool
- Automation in Software Application Development Projects
- Simulator of Traffic Infrastructures and Situations
Choose academic year and curriculum
|AVS||Computation Systems Architectures||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|MSP||Statistics and Probability||6||C||Cr+Ex||FME|
|SUI||Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||5||C||Ex||FIT|
|TIN||Theoretical Computer Science||7||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|UPA||Data Storage and Preparation||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|FLP||Functional and Logic Programming||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PRL||Parallel and Distributed Algorithms||5||C||Cr+Ex||FIT|
|PP2||Project Practice 2||5||E||ClCr||FIT|
Duty: C - compulsory, CEx - compulsory-elective group x, R - recommended, E - elective