The faculty library is located in the oldest and historically most valuable area of the former Carthusian monastery. More than 20,000 library units consist mostly of publications from the IT field, but also leisure and popular science literature. The environment of the library offers perfect space for studying and meeting classmates and friends.
You can borrow a new book written by prof. Alexander Meduna, co-written with Ing. Tomáš Kožár. F.1.1 | EA 12990
- borrowing documents out of library
- loan period:
- books - 4 weeks
- textbooks - 6 weeks
- FITkits and PYNQ-Z2 kits - 5 months
- magazines - 1 week
- loan management in the online catalog Primo
- books from the warehouse - we will prepare them within the second working day of the request
- we charge 2 CZK/library unit/day for the late return
- specifically labelled documents, theses, standards
- qualification work from the library warehouse - we will prepare them within the second working day of the request
- we lend source codes for qualification papers only with the written consent of the academic staff
- some documents can be borrowed overnight/weekend by arrangement
- we charge 25 Kč/book unit/day for late return
- accredited course IVG - Information Education and Literacy
- the teaching is focused on the practical use of information resources and services of information institutions
Interlibrary Loans (MVS, MMVS)
- for academic staff only
- for students only with the written consent of an academic staff member
- libraries can apply for ILL via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you missing something in the library?
- send us your tips for replenishing the library collection to e-mail email@example.com
Primo is a unified search interface - a search engine, a versatile tool that allows you to search most information sources available to BUT. Of course, it is a substitute for the library catalog and allows full management of the reader's account. Here you can view the status of your account, individual books and fines borrowed, and you can also reserve and renew individual titles here.
What does Primo search?
Electronic information resources
Articles, contributions from proceedings, e-books - resources paid by the university, ie. databases that have yet to be searched individually.
Books and magazines from BUT libraries
The entire contents of the library catalog.
Final theses and publications from the BUT Digital Library
Final theses, dissertation theses, BUT journals and others.
Selected free electronic information resourcesMore about Primo
Entrance for visitors from other BUT faculties...
... without an access card, through the main gate of FIT Božetěchova 1 - to the second floor via the outdoor footbridge - through the corridor of the B/C block - and down the stairs C230.
Library opening hours
Mo 8:00-16:00 and 16:00-20:00
Tue 8:00-16:00 and 16:00-20:00
We 8:00-16:00 and 16:00-20:00
Thu 8:00-16:00 and 16:00-20:00
In the afternoon from 16:00 without library services (STUDY ROOM only).
Every on the first Friday of the month, the library is closed for maintenance purposes.
The opening hours of the study room does not apply for he examination period and the holidays.