Department of Information Systems
Scientific and research activities of the Department are focused on database technology, implementation of information systems, management of software projects, theory of formal languages and compilers. The main areas of interest are the following ones:
- Object modelling, object-oriented databases, database design,
- knowledge discovery in databases,
- formal specifications of reactive and real-time systems,
- computer networks and communication protocols,
- information system implementation,
- software metrics and software project management,
- cryptographic protocols and security mechanisms,
- formal languages,
- functional languages.
The lectures in most of the courses are supplemented with projects or laboratory sessions, where students acquire hands-on experience and skills with the latest software packages, with software projects, and they learn basics of a teamwork and project management.