More than 20,000 library units, 100 study sites, and 20 computer and terminal locations are available in the faculty library for 55 hours a week. Its 668 m2 in the oldest and historically most precious places of the monastery can be used as a study room for independent study and a place for group cooperation.
of study places
square meters of space in the oldest part of the monastery
- borrowing books and documents out of library
- loan period for books 4 weeks
- loan period for textbooks - 6 weeks
- FITkit load periond - 5 months
- magazines loan period - 1 week (the current issue remains in the library, you can borrow a magazine marked with a green stripe)
- possibility to extend up to 2x, if the document is not booked by another reader, the magazines can not be booked or extended
- we charge 2 CZK / library unit / day for the late return of absent books
- the maximum total number of borrowings a student may have is thirty
- use of information materials only in the library premises
- selected documents, marked with a yellow circle, theses
- some documents for study can be borrowed overnight/over the weekend
- we charge 25,- Kč/book unit/day for late return of the attendance books
- older theses and books from the warehouse will be prepared for rent the next day from the request (by mail or in person in the library)
- we only lend CDs from theses to students upon request from academics and PhD students
- access to electronic information resources (click here to connect to databases)
- electronic communication with users
- ask the library online - through this service you can ask about library-related information, factual and bibliographic information about books, etc. We will answer your questions as quickly as possible. In case of very complex questions we will consult them with other libraries.
- black and white and color copying and printing, plotter, ring binding, thermal binding and lamination A4 (these services are charged, prices are governed by the price list approved by the Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology)
- scanning Study Materials on Xerox WorkCentre 7335 - this service is free
- Please see the library printing information.
- providing information about the FIT library
- providing information about FIT and other BUT faculties
Interlibrary and International Loans (MVS and MMVS)
- only for teachers, doctoral students and graduates (with the consent of the supervisor)
- if the book is not available in the FIT BUT library or in another Brno library
- MVS is carried out throughout the Czech Republic
- we order MMVS from abroad through the Virtual Polytechnic Library
- libraries can apply for ILL via email: email@example.com
Do you miss any title in our library? Send us your tip (title and ISBN, or link) to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Primo is a unified search interface - a search engine, a versatile tool that allows you to search most information sources available to BUT. Of course, it is a substitute for the library catalog and allows full management of the reader's account. Here you can view the status of your account, individual books and fines borrowed, and you can also reserve and renew individual titles here.
What does Primo search?
Electronic information resources
Articles, contributions from proceedings, e-books - resources paid by the university, ie. databases that have yet to be searched individually.
Books and magazines from BUT libraries
The entire contents of the library catalog.
Final theses and publications from the BUT Digital Library
Final theses, dissertation theses, BUT journals and others.
Selected free electronic information resourcesMore about Primo
Entrance for visitors from other BUT faculties...
... without an access card, through the main gate of FIT Božetěchova 1 - to the second floor via the outdoor footbridge - through the corridor of the B/C block - and down the stairs C230.
Library opening hours
Monday - Thursday: 08:00 - 16:00 (16:00 - 20:00 applies study mode!)
Friday: 08:00 - 15:00
Every on the first Friday of the month, the library is closed for maintenance purposes.