Operational Program Research, Development and Education (OP VVV)
The Operational Program Research, Development and Education (OP VVV) is a multi-annual thematic program under the authority of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, in which it is possible to draw funds from the European Structural Funds and Investment Funds (ESIF) in the programming period 2014-2020.
Overview of OP VVV projects at the FIT BUT:
Modern and open study of technology (MOST)
Registration number: CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_015/0002430
Start of the project: 1. 9. 2017
Project completion: 31. 12. 2022
Total sources: CZK 155,511,304.94
ESF contribution: CZK 132,184,609.19
National public sources: CZK 15,551,130.49
Own sources of financing: CZK 7,775,565.26
The aim of the project:
The aim of the project is to strengthen the quality and relevance of BUT education in relation to the real needs of graduates, employers and society. The project includes interventions in all areas of education at BUT (except PhD studies). It follows a range of specific objectives that are strategic for BUT sustainable development in relation to the needs of target groups:
- Increase the skills and competences of the staff, in particular to improve the quality of training activities.
- Modernize study programs across BUT to develop practical training and practice simulation.
- Strengthen and systematize student internships and internships in companies / applications and promote student entrepreneurship.
- In collaboration with practitioners to modify selected strategic Bachelors and Masters study programs according to current and predicted labor market needs and employers. Accredit, test, and continually improve these degree programs.
- In case of justified social demand, create new study programs in selected fields in cooperation with employers.
- Use a broad base of collaborations of BUT with industrial / application partners to increase efficiency and relevance of Bachelors and Masters studies.
- Strengthen ties with alumni and develop methods of labor market monitoring for feedback on the relevance and quality of education. Introduce measures to strengthen the role and responsibility of students in the learning process.
- Make the internship and practice system for students in companies more efficient and thus connect theory with practice.
- Strengthen the international dimension of BUT studies with a set of coherent measures, including the introduction of new joint / double / multiple degree programs.
- Increase the efficiency and availability of support and assistance services for SEN students and disadvantaged students.
- Adapt the learning environment and teaching to support learning success and reduce the drop-out effect.
- Modify BUT's internal environment for meeting the new requirements for a modern technical university - in the area of strategic management, quality and support services.
Registration number: CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_014/0000645
Start of the project: 1. 3. 2017
Project completion: 28. 2. 2021
Total resources: CZK 38,431,516.88
ESIF contribution: CZK 32,666,789.34
National public sources: CZK 3,843,151.69
Own sources of financing: CZK 1,921,575.85
The aim of the project:
The project develops the current system of commercialization at BUT. Thanks to the project, the existing team of experts in the field of intellectual property protection at the central level and managers of technology transfer operating at the faculties are newly supported by positions of business development managers at individual faculties or research centers. The main task of these workers is to further target commercialization leading to the strengthening of the offer and application of BUT technologies in practice and to develop relations with the application sphere. In addition, thanks to the project, we are extending legal support to scientists and the goal is also to methodically grasp and institutionalize the area of intellectual property valuation, by enriching the team with the position of lawyer and technology transfer methodology specialist.
Infrastructure for modern IT studies
Registration number: CZ.02.2.67/0.0/0.0/16_016/0002547
The aim of the project:
Start of the project: 1. 10. 2017
Project completion: 30. 9. 2022
Total resources: CZK 13,503,498.55
ESIF contribution: CZK 11,477,973.76
National public sources: CZK 1,350,349.86
Own sources of financing: CZK 675,174.93
Modernization of classrooms and instrument facility for practical teaching of technologically oriented subjects and modernization of supportive multimedia systems of lecture halls with the possibility of transmission and recording (and later inclusion of system outputs among multimedia study supports) to increase efficiency of teaching of theoretically oriented subjects as well. This modernization takes into account the needs of the labor market, where fresh graduates with current technology knowledge and lifelong learning skills are employed.
OP Education for Competitiveness (OP EC)
The Education for Competitiveness Operational Programme (ECOP) is a multi-year thematic programme under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the CR (MEYS), within which it is possible to draw financial means from the European Social Fund (ESF), one of the structural funds of the European Union (EU), in the programming period 2007–2013.
OP EC projects at FIT BUT:
TeamIT - Building Competitive Research Teams in IT
Project No .: CZ.1.07 / 2.3.00 / 09.0067
short title: TeamIT
Principal investigator: Ing. Ondřej Ryšavý Ph.D.
opening: 1. 9. 2009 ending: 31. 8. 2012
total budget: CZK 19,568,854.00
IT Education for Practice
Project No .: CZ.1.07 / 2.2.00 / 15.0163
short title: IT for practice
Principal investigator: Doc. Ing. Richard Ruzicka, Ph.D., MBA.
Opening: 1. 10. 2010 Closing: 31. 05. 2013
total budget: CZK 12,634,490.18
OP Research and Development for Innovations (OP R&DI)
The Operational Programme Research and Development for Innovation (OP R&DI) is one of the important Operational Programmes, which contributes to the achievement of the said objective. Together with the Operational Programme Enterprise and Innovation (OP EI) and the Operational programme Education for Competitiveness (OP EC), the OP R&DI will represent a mutually interconnected system of interventions, which aims to ensure the long-term sustainable competitiveness of the Czech Economy and the targeted regions within the objective of the Convergence.
OP R&DI projects at FIT BUT:
Center of Excellence IT4Innovations
Registration number: CZ.1.05/1.1.00/02.0070
Project launch: 1. 7. 2011
Completion of the project: 31. 12. 2015
The total amount of the subsidy: CZK 1,819,490,241.00
EU subsidy: CZK 1,546,566,704.85
Subsidies from the state budget of the Czech Republic: 272 923 536.15
The aim of the project:
The main contribution of the IT4Innovations Center of Excellence project is the creation of a unique structure of national and international importance focused on key areas of science and research, such as the development of the information society, the development of embedded systems, innovative medicine and nanotechnology and, last but not least, the development of information technologies themselves. The IT4Innovations Center of Excellence project also represents an exceptional unification of scientific, research and development capacities in the field of computer science and mathematics to ensure the development of a range of modern and progressive technologies. The potential emergence of such a center evokes further demand for new sophisticated services that could not have been realized without a research infrastructure of national importance. In this way, we are creating a basis for the close connection of basic and applied research with a clearly specified impact on innovation.
The core of the planned center will be computing, which is set upon other science disciplines and formulated into three interrelated key research areas:
- IT4People - research focused on improving the quality of life of society through modern information technology.
- SC4Industry - supercomputing for solving industrial problems, modeling in natural sciences and nanotechnologies (shape optimization, material design, biomechanical simulation, ...).
- Theory4IT - an area focused on basic research, especially on the development of new non-traditional computational methods (knowledge mining, ant-hill theory).
OP Enterprise and Innovation (OP EI)
OP EI projects at FIT BUT:
Transfer of knowledge in the field of 3D reconstruction and 3D mapping
Registration number: CZ.01.1.02/0.0/0.0/15_013/0004722
The aim of the project is to transfer know-how in the field of 3D reconstruction and 3D space mapping methods from FIT BUT to GEODROM, Ltd., which deals with the design and development of a portable mapping device for geodetic purposes.
Project launch: 1. 7. 2016
Project completion: December 31, 2018
The total amount of the subsidy: 2 336 thous. CZK
Know-how transfer in the field of image processing in embedded devices
Registration number: CZ.01.1.02/0.0/0.0/15_013/0005030
The aim of the project is to transfer know-how in the field of advanced methods of calibration, processing and analysis of image sequences to CAMEA spol. o., which is focused on the development of modern image and signal processing systems.
Project launch: 1. 1. 2017
Project completion: 30. 09. 2018
The total amount of the subsidy: 2 625 thous. CZK