Vice-Dean for Science
+420 54114 1202
Education and academic qualification
- 2019--23: membership in the panel P103 of the Czech Science Foundation.
- 2015, June: invited lecturer of the PhD course Automata-theoretic Methods for Infinite-State Verification at the Faculty of Informatics, TU Vienna.
- 2013, June/July: invited professor at LIAFA, Université Paris Diderot/CNRS, Paris, France.
- 2012: professor of computer science and engineering, at FIT, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic.
- 2007: associate professor of computer science and engineering, at FIT, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic.
- 2005--2008: researcher (part time) at CESNET within the Liberouter project.
- 2005, June/July: invited researcher at LIAFA, Université Paris 7--Denis Diderot/CNRS, France.
- 2001--2003: Post-Doc stay at LIAFA, Université Paris 7--Denis Diderot/CNRS, France within the ADVANCE project.
- 1999--2007: assistant professor at FIT (formerly FEECS), Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic.
- 2001: PhD in computer science and cybernetics, DCSE FEECS, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic.
- 1996: MSc in computer science and engineering, DCSE FEECS, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic.
- Static analysis of programs, focused especially (though not only) on programs with pointers and dynamic data structures, concurrency, or performance analysis.
- Formal analysis and verification, especially for parametric and infinite-state systems.
- Dynamic analysis and testing, particularly for concurrent programs.
- Automata and logics for verification and beyond.
- See also the research group VeriFIT.
Prizing by scientific community
- Invited talks: ETAPS’22 unifying speaker (Munich) -- slides, ECOOP'15 Summer School (Prague), SAS'14 (Munich), INForum'14 (Porto), TTATT'13 (Hanoi), SOFSEM'11 (Novy Smokovec), INFINITY'10 (Singapore).
- The best theory paper award of ETAPS'10 awarded by the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS).
- Best papers at CADE’19 and CIAA’08, best tool papers at ISSTA’18 and RV’12.
- 9 gold, 6 silver, 5 bronze medals in the International Software Verification Competition SV-COMP’12–22 with the Predator, 2LS, and Symbiotic tools.
- Bronze medal in the 2018 Human-Competitive Awards – “Humies” for the method of automated design of approximate arithmetic circuits based on a combination of genetic algorithms and formal methods.
- A Gödel prize from the FLoC 2014 Olympic Games for successes of the Predator in SV-COMP.
- 1 gold and 3 silver medals with the SPEN and SLIDE tools at the 1st International Competition of Separation Logic Decision Procedures SL-COMP'14 organised within SMT-COMP'14.
- Prize of Siemens for outstanding Ph.D. thesis, 2001.
Active participation in domestic and international associations and organisations
- Memberships in PCs of conferences/workshops.
- Editorial board of the STTT journal, Springer, area Competitions and Challenges, since 12/2021.
- PC co-chair (together with Lijun Zhang) of TACAS'19 -- 25th International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems, Prague, Czechia, 2019.
- Co-chair of the 13th Alpine Verification Meeting -- AVM'19, Brno, Czechia, 2019.
- Chair of SV-COMP 2018: 7th International Competition on Software Verification.
- Workshop Chair at CAV'10 -- 22nd International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification, FLoC 2010, Edinburgh, UK.
- PC co-chair (together with Peter Habermehl) of INFINITY'08 -- 10th International Workshop on Verification of Infinite-State Systems, Toronto, Canada.
- Editorial board of the CAI journal, since 2/2005.
- Steering Committee of MEMICS -- Doctoral Workshop on Mathematical and Engineering Methods in Computer Science, Czechia, until 2016.
- The best paper award of CIAA'08 2008
- EATCS Award for Best ETAPS Paper 2010
- The best tool paper award of the RV'12 conference 2012
- The Commemorative Medal of FIT BUT (The Silver Medal) 2012
- Victory in one of the categories of the international software verification competition SV-COMP'12 2012
- Victory in three categories of the international software verification competition SV-COMP'13 2013
- Kurt Gödel Medal from the FLoC Olympic Games 2014
- Successful participation of the Predator and CPAlien tools in the international software verification competition SV-COMP'14 2014
- Best Tool Demonstration Award ISSTA 2018
- Bronze Medail in Human competitive awards in genetic and evolutionary computation (Humies) 2018
- Winner of the Best Teacher in the Master's degree program 2018
- Best Paper award of CADE-27 2019
- Medals from the International Competition in Software Verification SV-COMP 2020