prof. Dr. Ing.
dr. h. c.
Education and academic qualification
1980-1984 Secondary Electrotechnical School, Leninova 40, Brno
1984-1989 VUT Brno, Department of Computer Science FE, during studies state exam - Englich language (1988).
1989 Ing. (M. Sc.) with honours.
1990-1995 postgraduate studies, Deaptment of Computer Science FEI VUT, Brno Specialised in computer graphics.
1995 Dr., theme of the dissertation work "Realistické zobrazení" (realistic rendering).
1998 Doc. (assoc. prof. degree), theme of the work "Komunikace člověka se strojem" (Human-Machine Interaction).
2012 Prof., (full prof. degree).
2022 dr. h. c. Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology, Finland
- 1989-1990 Research Institute of Mathematical Machines (VUMS) Prague, Brno Branch
- 1989-1990 Computer Center of Czech Army Military Headquarters, Prague
- 1990-2001 FEI BUT, Brno
- 2002- FIT BUT, Brno
Academic internships abroad
- 1992 Stay at University of Bristol, UK, 4 months
- 1994 Professional stay at ASCOM Radiocom, Camberley, UK, 2 months, human-machine interfaces expertise
- 1996 Stay at University of Surrey, Guidford, UK, human-machine interfaces research, 6 weeks
- 1996 Stay at Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, teaching assistant, 2 months
- 1997 Stay at University of Surrey, Guidford, UK, human-machine interfaces research, 3 weeks
- 1998 Stay at Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, research in image processing, 2 months
- 1999 Stay at Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, research in image processing, 2 months
- 2000 Visiting professorship at PennState Erie, PA, USA, 5 months
Active participation in domestic and international associations and organisations
Scientific board VUT
Scientific board ČVUT, Praha
Scientific board FIT VUT
Scientific board FEKT VUT
Scientific board FI MUNI
Scientific board FAV ZČU, Pilsen
Scientific board FAI UTB, Zlín
Scientific board MENDELU, Brno
Supervisory board ÚPT AVČR