Design of Data Networks
BPC-PDS FEKT BPC-PDS Acad. year 2022/2023 Winter semester 5 credits
The PC network layout, basics of the LAN networks, Ethernet, Wi- Fi, ARCNet, Token Ring, Token, Bus, AnyLAN, FDDI, ATM.
PC network topology and access method. Active network resources: HUB, switch, router. Transmission paths.
Projected documentation at design of the data network. Structured cabling systems. Methodology for measuring and evaluation of data parameters of fixed electronic communications networks.
Language of instruction
- 26 hrs lectures
- 26 hrs pc labs
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Upon completion of the course the student will have an overview of the types and topology of the networks, about the transmission paths of coaxial cables, optical fibers, structured cabling. The student will be able to create project documentation in the design of data networks using AutoCAD Electrical.
The goal of the subject is to teach students to have an overview about the types and network topologies, transmission paths type coaxial cables, optical fibers, structured cabling and teach them create a projected documentation at design of the data network using AutoCAD Electrical system.
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Syllabus of lectures
1. PC network layout, basics of the LAN networks, types of the LAN networks and its standarts, Ethernet, Wi-fi, ARCNet, Token Ring, Token, Bus, AnyLAN, FDDI, ATM. Programs for creating data schemes, Spider-fiber, Spider-tel, Autocad electrical, choose of the programe for given design.
2. PC network topology and access method, bus topology, star topology, circular topology, polynom topology, access method csma/cd, access method csma/ca.
3. Active network resources: HUB, switch, router, choose of the suitable element of the network.
4. Ethernet on the twisted pair, required structured cabeling, ethernet on optical cables, Wi- Fi.
5. Transmission paths: coaxial cables, coaxial cable types, shared medium basic and broad band coaxial cable, shielded and unshielded twisted pair, color markings, insulation parts, affecting of the topology of networks using a twisted pair.
6. Transmission paths: optical fibers types, cables with tight secondary protection, cables with free secondary protection, optic cables category, choosing of the suitable optical cable, cable construction, insulation and its coloring, optical cables marking.
7. Projected documentation at design of the data network.
8. Structured cabling systems, basic standards layout of the structured cabling, construction of the structured cabling systems, cabling category, cabling choosing, class of optical cables, office space, socket, socket standards.
9.Standards and norms in cable system: documentation, classification of environments for channels, Building routes, Centralized fiber optic cabling, Fiber-optic risks, cable installation procedures, Installation procedure, Cable fiber optic cable procedures.
10. Cable termination: connections and connectors, types of optical connectors, compact connectors, connector marking, terminal blocks for termination, fiber optic terminals, patch panels, connecting cables, user connectors.
11. Fiber bending, micro / macro bends, standard G.657, basic geometric, transmission and mechanical parameters for fibers with reduced bending sensitivity, A / B specification, opto-metric transducer, multiplex wdm, microtubule principle.
12. Centralized cabling, benefits, problems.
13. Methodology for measurement and evaluation of data parameters of fixed electronic communications networks. Methodology, choice of measurement method, procedure in error states, measuring scenarios, capacity verification, stability verification.
1. AutoCAD Electrical - basics of operation, icon menu, work with command prompt.
2. Drawing creation, Project Properties, Drawing Properties, specification of components, number cables, cross reference, style, drawing format.
3. Project settings, library choosing, real- time errors controlling, searching in catalog, switching between sequential and license tags, description text.
4. Wire Numbers, cable types settings, sequential or license switching, wire types, layers setting, location of cable designation, definition of main routes.
5. Cross-references, selection cross-reference format, select cross-reference components for text, graphics, and panels. Styles: Select the style of arrows, PLCs, cables, and so on; Adding or removing layers.
6. Drawing Format: orientation, spacing, value sizes; Format (X-Y Grid, X); scale; Arrangement of wires and cables. Using exchange parameters. Own project, Libraries - IEC library installation (European standard).
7.-13. Work assignment, work, evaluation of the project.
Syllabus of computer exercises
AutoCAD Electrical - introduction to the program, basics of operation, icon menu, command prompt.
Drawing, Project Properties, Drawing Properties, component specifications, number of cables, cross reference, style, drawing format.
Project Settings, library ranges, real-time error checking, catalog search, sequential and license switching, description text.
Wire Numbers, cable type setting, sequential or license switching wire types, layer settings, location of cable designation, definition of main routes.
Cross-references, cross-reference format selection, selection of cross-reference components for text, graphics, and panels. Styles: Select the style of arrows, PLCs, cables, and so on; adding or removing layers.
Drawing Format: orientation, spacing, value size; format (X-Y Grid, X); scale; arrangement of wires and cables. Using exchange parameters.
Own project, Libraries - IEC library installation (European standard).
30 count - work over semester
70 count - test in last semester
Teaching methods and criteria
Teaching methods include lectures and computer laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning system.
Obligatory participation in excercises.
|Mon||lecture||lectures||T8/T 3.02||13:00||14:50||26||2BIA 2BIB 3BIT||xx||Bayer|
|Tue||comp.lab||lectures||T10/N 1.16||11:00||12:50||26||2BIA 2BIB 3BIT||xx||Bayer|
Course inclusion in study plans