XPC-POM FEKT XPC-POM Acad. year 2022/2023 Winter semester 4 credits
The course deals with the following five problems areas:
1. The financial aspects of a business.
2. The legal and tax framework.
3. Business activity in a market environment.
4. Monitoring of economic operations in the company.
5. The time value of money and financial mathematics.
Language of instruction
- 26 hrs lectures
- 26 hrs exercises
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
• to understand the rights and obligations arising from legislative obligations,
• describe the basic rules for the monitoring of economic processes in the enterprise,
• distinguish between revenue and costs, profit, evaluate the profit margin,
• to apply an economical way of thinking,
• to perceive the scarcity of the factors of production and the role of profits, wages, as well as interest and rents,
• interpret the financial statements, balance sheet and profit and loss account,
• explain the role of supply and demand in determining the market price,
• understand the role of financial markets and securities.
The aim of the course is to give a practical overview of legal, economic, financial and other business-related issues.
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
The Student should have the basic knowledge at the level of secondary education, in the area of mathematics then knowledge of the rules for the simple and compound interest and the partial derivatives of functions of several variables.
Syllabus of lectures
Preliminary lecture (content of course, updating of the educational literature).
The Czech business law.
The Czech trade laws and regulations.
Corporate bodies according the Czech legal norms, commercial code.
Trading partnership in the Czech according commercial code.
Fundamentals of bookkeeping.
Balance sheet, assets and liabilities.
Basic terms of bookkeeping.
Basic terms of bookkeeping (income, expenses, costs, revenues, depreciation, accumulated depreciation).
Fundamentals of bookkeeping in the manufacturing and business firms.
Profit and loss account (interpretation of economic results and relationship with balance sheet).
Methods for assessment of firms, relationship with accounting statement.
Important aspects of relationship betwen tax rules and account rules. Closing discussion.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
Practical training according the actual legal state.
Start-up of firm (case study)
Examples of accounting.
Tax depreciation calculation.
Accounting statement (exercise)
Company value calculation (examples).
Requirements for completion of a course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course .
Teaching methods and criteria
The course is not classified.
Participation and activity on the exercises.
A written test at the end of the semester.
Participation in seminars is required. Long period of excused absence only on agreement with the teachers (individual work).
|Tue||lecture||lectures||Aula profesora Braunera||11:00||12:50||180||1BIA 1BIB 2BIA 2BIB 3BIT||xx||Novotný|
|Tue||exercise||lectures||T12/SD 2.94||14:00||15:50||60||1BIA 1BIB 2BIA 2BIB 3BIT||xx||Novotný|
|Wed||exercise||lectures||T12/SD 2.94||14:00||15:50||60||1BIA 1BIB 2BIA 2BIB 3BIT||xx||Novotný|
|Wed||exercise||lectures||T12/SD 2.94||16:00||17:50||60||1BIA 1BIB 2BIA 2BIB 3BIT||xx||Novotný|
Course inclusion in study plans