Semester Project (in English)
SEPe Acad. year 2022/2023 Winter semester 5 credits
Students will receive an individual project specification from various computer science areas in order to work them out individually under supervision of skilled leaders. Students will proceed as follows: problem analysis, solution, verification, implementation, documentation, presentation. During their work, the students will follow all the required instructions concerning requests on contents and volume of the project, the project adjustment, the literature, the language quality and written report typography as well as project parts consigned in the electronic form. The course is successfully completed when the written report and realised project outputs are given to the departmental/faculty committe and defended.
Language of instruction
- 65 hrs projects
- 100 pts projects
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Knowledge and experience with engineering project building and its documentation.
The fundamental goal of this course is to support the individual creative student work during the engineering project solving, its formal description and defence.
- Master's Thesis (in English) (DIPe)
- A Guide To The Project Management Body Of Knowledge, Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, 2013, ISBN 978-1-935589-67-9.
- ISO 2145:1978: Documentation - Numbering of divisions and subdivisions in written documents.
- ISO 7144:1986: Documentation - Presentation of theses and similar documents.
- ISO 690:2010: Information and documentation -- Guidelines for bibliographic references and citations to information resources.
Consultations with student's supervisor, submission of written technical report with realisation outputs and its defence in front of the commission.
Hand in technical report. The extent of technical report must be at least 25 standard pages (usually 40 - 50, no more than 60).
Defense of a project with a minimum of 50 points. Note that successful SEPe is the compulsory prerequisite for the "DIPe - Master's Thesis Abroad".