0MS FSI 0MS Acad. year 2022/2023 Summer semester 3 credits
In this course we deal with secure programming in Matlab. For this, specific features of the language are used, especially the representation of the variable as an array, supporting algorithmization with the widest possible use of built-in matrix operations. We also mention the concept of graphical user interface and some other built-in tools.
We use Matlab R2020b and higher.
Language of instruction
- 26 hrs exercises
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Productive use of MATLAB development and programming environment and writing secure programs.
To teach students to program in MATLAB with productive use of its specific features and some built-in tools.
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
Knowledge and skills that meet the conditions for successful completion of the BASICS OF PROGRAMMING (SZP) and the basics of linear algebra are expected.
- L. Zaplatílek, B. Doňar: MATLAB pro začátečníky. BEN, Praha, 2003.
- L. Zaplatílek, B. Doňar: MATLAB tvorba uživatelských aplikací. BEN, Praha, 2004.
Syllabus of numerical exercises
1. Matlab environment, Matlab language and its elementary elements
2. M-function, function descriptor
3. Variables as arrays, dynamic declaration and resizing, indexing by arrays
4. Indexing by searching, sorting and set operations
5. Block matrices and operations
6. Matrices vs. cell arrays, matrix algebra
7. Expression of invariants by matrix algebra
9. More about rendering graphs
10. More about file operations
11. More about control commands, protected blocks
12. Event management, graphical user interface
13. Other data types, structure, symbolic type
At each seminar, at least one project is written or developed with the teacher's explanation and under his guidance, in which the constructions according to the current topic are implemented.
Credit is awarded on the basis of point evaluation of an independently prepared semester project. The evaluation is fully in the competence of the teacher according to the valid guidelines of BUT.
Teaching methods and criteria
The preferred style is learning by solve simple tasks.
Absence from the seminar can be replaced by a separate elaboration of the project discussed at the seminar with a possible presentation.
|Tue||exercise||lectures||A4/616||11:00||12:50||27||1BIA 1BIB 2BIA 2BIB 3BIT||xx||Byrtus|
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme BIT, 1st year of study, Elective
- Programme BIT (in English), 1st year of study, Elective