Information System Security
BIS Acad. year 2020/2021 Winter semester 5 credits
The course aims to the security goals, security functions, and security mechanisms. The content is: Introduction into information security, basic terms, threats, weak points, security measures, criteria for system security assessment, Common Criteria, data transmission security, operating system and database security, malicious software, role of cryptography.
Language of instruction
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Students will learn basic principles of information systems security. They will learn also terminology, basic security goals, functions, and mechanisms.
The goal is to make students familiar with the basic concepts of information systems security.
Why is the course taught
This course is essential to all engineers working in the areas of computer engineering. Students will learn basic principles of information systems security. They will learn also terminology, basic security goals, functions, and mechanisms.
- Savard, J. J. G.: A Cryptographic Compendium, 2000, available on WWW
- Stallings, W.: Cryptography and Network Security, Pearson India, 2018, ISBN 9789332585225
Syllabus of lectures
- Threats, vulnerabilities
- Security measures
- Criteria for system security assessment
- Common criteria (CC)
- Security functions
- Risk analysis
- Data transmission security
- Operating system security
- Database security
- Web security
- Smart card applications
- Role of cryptography
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
- A homework on security mechanisms.
- A homework on applied cryptography.
A mid-term exam evaluation and an evaluation of projects.
To obtain at least one point in each project.
|Mon||exam||2021-01-18||A112 A113 D0206 D0207 D105 E104 E105 E112 G108 G202||14:00||15:50||1MIT 2MIT||řádná|
|Wed||exam||2021-02-03||E104 E105 E112||09:00||10:50||1MIT 2MIT||2. oprava|
|Wed||lecture||lectures||D0206||13:00||15:50||1MIT 2MIT||NCPS - NSEC NISD NSEN NVER xx|
|Thu||exam||2021-01-28||D0206 D0207 D105 G108 G202||13:00||14:50||1MIT 2MIT||1. oprava|
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBI, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group O
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MBS, MIS, any year of study, Compulsory
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MGM, MMI, any year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MIN, MMM, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group B
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MPV, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group D
- Programme IT-MSC-2, field MSK, 2nd year of study, Compulsory
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NADE, NBIO, NEMB, NGRI, NHPC, NIDE, NISY, NMAL, NMAT, NNET, NSPE, NVIZ, any year of study, Elective
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NCPS, NSEC, NSEN, NVER, any year of study, Compulsory
- Programme MITAI, specialisation NISD, 2nd year of study, Compulsory