In the Intelligent Devices specialization, you will learn about the design and creation of smart devices that can acquire data from their environment, process it and intervene in this environment in a controlled manner. You will study the fundamentals of physics, sensors, control theory, security, communication and how to bring intelligence to these hardware units. Intelligent devices are all around us - those who know how to design and understand them will easily find employment not only in smaller companies that develop these technologies but also in international companies of renowned names.
Information technology moves the world
students gain practical experience
students successfully pass the State Final Examination
graduates find work in the month
40 938 Kč
is the average starting salary for graduates
Compulsory Programme Courses - Winter
Compulsory Programme Courses - Summer
Compulsory Specialization Courses - Summer
The common basis of the programme
The common core of the program consists of courses that will give you the knowledge important for all IT engineers:
- Computation Systems Architectures will teach you how to think about how your code will run on modern computing platforms, how to think about programming in a way that makes the most efficient use of resources, i.e., that your application makes the best use of the power of modern platforms, makes efficient use of system memory resources, and is also efficient in terms of energy consumed.
- Functional and Logic Programming will teach you that although classical imperative programming is a very widely used paradigm and is very close to machine-level implementation, there are other approaches that will give you a new perspective on some key problems and help you get novel and often more efficient solutions to them.
- Modern Trends in Informatics (in English) you need to know to see where the field is going and what to expect in practice in a few years.
- Parallel and Distributed Algorithms is a course that will show you the patterns, limits, and pitfalls of parallel and distributed algorithmic solutions and the associated synchronization mechanisms, without which you will hardly succeed in solving many of the more complex problems.
- Statistics and probability is the right hand of every engineer to process numerical results of experiments or data obtained while running your application, analyze them and learn from them to make further decisions is almost his daily bread.
- Theoretical Computer Science shows the limits of computer science capabilities through formal languages and mathematical models of computation. This is the only way to understand whether your problem is even solvable and, if so, with what resources and means to prove it.
- Data Storage and Preparation, especially big data, and extracting knowledge from it is a valuable art to any computer scientist. It is a key aspect that strongly influences the effectiveness of many solutions and applications.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is a course where you will learn how to teach computers to understand our world and make them solve problems that are easy for humans but difficult for an algorithmic machine to handle.
They will pass on all their knowledge and hold you in difficult moments
V. Janoušek teaches the course Intelligent Systems. He is the author of the concept of object-oriented Petri nets and PNtalk and several other tools that utilize formal models in the development of adaptive and reconfigurable systems. His hobbies include DIY realization of smart home control, HiFi audio and music.
What are we talking about?
Brushes, paints, palette, canvas - all these are usually considered basic necessities for artistic expression. Designed for all art lovers, regardless of age, the Pollock Artify app offers the opportunity to unleash your creativity with a tool that is always at hand - your mobile phone. …
Voice deepfakes can't be detected by humans or security systems. Attacks on the riseSpreading alarm messages or disclosing confidential company or bank data. Artificial intelligence is developing rapidly and almost anyone can create deepfake voice recordings at home and in high quality. …