The Scientific Council is a self-governing body of the faculty which:
- discusses the draft strategic plan of the faculty's educational and creative activities, elaborated in accordance with the strategic intent of the public higher education institution and the proposals of the annual plan for the implementation of the strategic intent of the faculty,
- approves the design of study programs to be carried out at the faculty and proceeds through the Rector for approval to the Scientific Council of a public higher education institution,
- proposes to the Rector the intention to submit an application for accreditation, extension of the accreditation or extension of the accreditation period of the study programs that take place at the faculty,
- proposes to the Rector the intention to submit an application for the accreditation of the habilitation procedure and the procedure for the appointment of a professor in the case of proceedings at the faculty,
- exercises competence in the habilitation procedure and the procedure for appointing a professor to the extent stipulated by law,
- addresses the questions submitted by the Dean.
The Scientific Council are appointed by the Dean after approval by the Academic Senate.