ITT Acad. year 2022/2023 Winter semester 5 credits
Students will receive an individual project specification from various areas of information technology. Students work individually under the supervising of some skilled leaders. Students will proceed as follows: Problem analysis, solution, verification, implementation, and others. The course is successfully completed by a professional discussion in front of a faculty board.
Language of instruction
- 52 hrs projects
- 100 pts projects
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
The student gains autonomy in the analysis of the problem, the design of the solution, the verification of the correctness of the solution, the implementation, the documentation and the defence of the project.
The fundamental goal of this course is an introduction into an individual creative student work during the technical project solving and its formal description.
Why is the course taught
This course prepares the student for completion of the Bachelor's Thesis.
- Bachelor's Thesis (IBT)
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
Wide knowledge of information technology basics.
- How to write Term Project (https://www.fit.vut.cz/study/theses/bachelor-theses/.en).
- Professional literature according to the supervisor's recommendation
- ČSN ISO 7144: Dokumentace - Formální úprava disertací a podobných dokumentů (aktuální verze je dostupná na WWW knihovny FIT http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/lib/dokumenty/ (in Czech)
- ČSN 01 6910: Úprava písemností zpracovávaných textovými editory (aktuální verze je dostupná na WWW knihovny FIT http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/lib/dokumenty/)
- ČSN ISO 690: BIBLIOGRAFICKÉ CITACE, Obsah, forma a struktura (aktuální verze je dostupná na WWW knihovny FIT http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/lib/dokumenty/)
Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students
The essence of the activities in the semester is the study of literature, consultations with the project supervisor and the realization of outputs (case study, hardware, software, etc.).
The consultations with the project supervisor. Exam prerequisites: A successful defence of the project study-stage results in the winter semester.
A successful defence of the project study-stage results in the winter semester.
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme BIT, 3rd year of study, Compulsory
- Programme BIT (in English), 3rd year of study, Compulsory
- Programme IT-BC-3, field BIT, 3rd year of study, Compulsory