CCNP Enterprise: Advanced Routing (ENARSI)
CE2 Acad. year 2022/2023 Summer semester 5 credits
CCNP Enterprise: Advanced Routing (CCNP ENARSI v8) provides students with an in-depth knowledge to support the implementation and troubleshooting of advanced routing technologies and services including layer 3 VPN services, infrastructure security and infrastructure services used in enterprise networks.
Language of instruction
- 52 hrs laboratories
- 30 pts mid-term test
- 40 pts numeric exercises
- 30 pts labs
Veselý Vladimír, Ing., Ph.D. (UIFS)
Course Web Pages
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Students will be able to implement EIGRP in order to optimize network performance in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks, troubleshoot issues with multi-area OSPFv2 and OSPFv3, configure advanced features in BGP in order to optimize network performance, configure conditional forwarding and route redistribution in a multi-protocol enterprise network, provide secure access using advanced tunneling technologies, and troubleshoot device and network security.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Implement DHCP to operate across multiple LANs.
- Implement EIGRP for IPv4 in a small to medium-sized business network. Explain how advanced EIGRP features affect network performance. Troubleshoot common EIGRP configuration issues including EIGRPv6.
- Explain how OSPF operates. Implement multiarea OSPF for IPv4 to enable internetwork communications. OSPFv2 troubleshooting.
- Implement multiarea OSPFv3. Troubleshoot issues with OSPFv3 implementation.
- Configure BGP including advanced features. Explain the processes used by BGP for path selection. Troubleshoot BGP.
- Configure and troubleshoot Route Maps and conditional forwarding issues. Configure route redistribution between routing protocols. Troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 route redistribution.
- Explain the impact of VFR and MPLS on routing decisions. Implement DMVPN tunnels. Configure IPsec DMVPN with Pre-Shared Authentication.
- Configure and troubleshoot ACLs and Prefix Lists.
- Troubleshoot security threats to a network. Application of Device Management and Management Tools.
The goal of the course is to learn students how to perform advanced configurations for routers and services, how to build and configure enterprise local area networks (LANs)and wide area networks (WANs) that use IPv4 and IPv6 advanced routing protocols, specific features of protocols to optimize network performance, route redistribution, and tunneling.
Why is the course taught
This course prepares students for CCNP 300-410 ENARSI certification that is required for network administrators and designers.
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
Students are required to meet at least one of following pre-conditions:
- to pass I1C and I2C courses at FIT BUT;
- to pass CCNA courses on other academy;
- to have a valid 200-301 CCNA certification;
- to have a positive attitude towards computer networks and ability to self-learn relevant materials.
- CCNP Enterprise Advanced Routing ENARSI 300-410 Official Cert Guide 1st Edition by Raymond Lacoste (Author) and Brad Edgeworth (Author), 2020, ISBN-13: 978-1587145254.
- Preparation and active participation at hands-on labs (max 30 points)
- Challenge lab (max 30 points)
- Skills test (max 30 points)
- Theoretical test (max 10 points)
- To obtain Certification of Completion, all module test must be completed + skills test and final exam score must be over 80%.
- Preparation and active participation at all hands-on labs.
- Completion of all module tests.
- Missed classes can be passed individually.
- Active partication on all hands-on labs.
- Half of points of all activity is required for credits.
Course inclusion in study plans