Fundamentals of Law
PRM ICV PRM Acad. year 2022/2023 Summer semester 2 credits
Human society cannot exit without rules regulating various decisive aspects of human existence. Legal conscience based on knowledge of law and basic legal norms related to human activities, their far-reaching impacts and consequences are essentials for minimization of potential conflicts.
Language of instruction
- 26 hrs lectures
Subject specific learning outcomes and competences
Basic survey on civil legal norms, ability to get orientated in norms.
Acquisition of rudiments of law, knowledge of relationship between law and ethos, knowledge of basic legal norms, and their application to business and other economic activities.
Prerequisite knowledge and skills
No prerequisity knowledge is called for.
Syllabus of lectures
<li>Introduction into law science, branches of law, basic terms.
<li>Constitution of the Czech Republic, state symbols.
<li>Contents, form and subject of the law, law creation and legislative process.
<li>Civil law and Civil Procedure Code.
<li>Civil-law obligations and agreements, examples of agreements and plaints.
<li>Copyright Act and mental labour preservation.
Participation on lectues, minimum 80%, and activity on discussion.
Teaching methods and criteria
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
There are no checked study.
|Thu||lecture||lectures||D0206||17:00||18:50||9999||1BIA 1BIB 1MIT 2BIA 2BIB 2MIT 3BIT||xx|
Course inclusion in study plans
- Programme BIT, 1st year of study, Elective
- Programme BIT (in English), 1st year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-BC-3, field BIT, 1st year of study, Elective
- Programme IT-MGR-2, field MBI, MBS, MGM, MIN, MIS, MMM, MPV, MSK, any year of study, Compulsory-Elective group H
- Programme MITAI, field NADE, NBIO, NCPS, NEMB, NEMB up to 2021/22, NGRI, NHPC, NIDE, NISD, NISY, NISY up to 2020/21, NMAL, NMAT, NNET, NSEC, NSEN, NSPE, NVER, NVIZ, any year of study, Elective