If you have a specific idea of where to go abroad you can try to do so as a free mover. You can arrange for your study stay or internship according to your preferences, or you can use existing BUT cooperation with specific partner institutions abroad based on framework agreements on direct cooperation between universities.

More information



    Is your dream destination Central, Eastern or South-Eastern Europe? Then choose from here.


    (available only in Czech)

    Don't you want to go too far? Take a look at the offer of neighboring Austria.


    (available only in Czech)
  • AIA Scholarships

    Offers from all around the world provided by the Academic Information Agency.


    (available only in Czech)
  • Other study opportunities

    Do you know the Fulbright scholarship? This and many other options can be found in this section.


    (available only in Czech)
  • Summer schools

    Do you already have plans for holiday? If not, check out the current summer school offer.


    (available only in Czech)

What a student has to do:

  • Before going

    Have you been accepted to a foreign internship? That's great! Please inform the Department of External Relations of FIT (studena@fit.vutbr.cz). Also, do not forget to provide us with an invitation letter, a study/work/internship contract, financial and accommodation confirmations, and other documents indicating that the trip abroad is arranged.

    The condition for maintaining the subject enrolled at FIT is the arrangement of an individual study plan using WIS "Request for an Individual Study Plan in the Subject". According to "Directive No. 6/2018, Art. 1 (14)", it is possible to arrange subjects for a maximum of 15 credits at the FIT in a given semester. Before leaving, the student may also apply with the use of WIS "Application for enrollment or cancellation of enrollment courses" for enrollment of the subject ZPX (Foreign Practice) worth 5 credits / semester.

  • After returning

    At the FIT External Relations Department, please submit:

    • "Learning Agreement" - if there was any arranged, including the additions (scan is sufficient) "Transcript of Records", an overview of completed objects abroad, the scan of the original about "performing foreign professional practice" is sufficiant, and possibly other documents on your activities abroad. and at the FIT Study Department:
    • "Foreign Study / Practice / Internship Report", about 1 A4 page the original "length of stay comfirmation"
    • original "Transcript of Records" (an overview of completed objects abroad)

    If you have brought subjects from abroad, that have been recognized, ask for a "Proof of Recognition" at the FIT Study Department. It is recommended to pre-negotiate with the subject guarantor before leaving, if you are considering the possibility of recognizing a subject brought from abroad as a compulsory or compulsory elective,

Responsibility: Ing. Michaela Studená
Last update: 2020-05-26 14:48:56
Back to top